The Ledger Nano S and The Ledger Bue manage Ripple (XRP) token. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux. It requires one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S or your Blue. it doesn’t work on Android and iOS.
The Nano and the HW.1 don’t support Ripple.
To create and launch your Ripple wallet:
If you have a Nano S, first make sure you run 1.3.1 firmware. To know if you need to update, open the Settings on the Nano S itself, and go to Settings > Device > Firmware. Follow these steps if you need to upgrade. The Blue doesn’t require any specific firmware.
1. install the Ledger Wallet Ripple application on your computer
- Go to this page and click on the “GET THE APP” green button
- Download the Ledger Wallet Ripple application
(the application is signed by an “Epic Dream SAS” certificate)
- Open the downloaded folder to install it:
– On Mac, you must run a 10.8+ OS
– On Linux, don’t forget to set up the updev rules
– On Windows, you must run at least Win7: click on “Additional Information” to launch the installation despite the anti-virus warning (it won’t affect the integrity of your PC)
2. install the Ripple application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don’t have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Ripple logo
- Confirm the installation when required on your device.
- Quit the Ledger Manager
3. Once these apps are installed, to open your Ripple account, just:
- Open your Ripple application on the device itself
- Disable the “Browser support” setting of this Ripple app
Ripple > Settings > Browser support
ON A NANO S
– scroll with the right button to find the “settings”, press both buttons to open them
– scroll with the right button to find the “browser support”, press both buttons to open it
– select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
– tap on the top left menu
– disable the “browser support” by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Close all other wallets or manager on your computer
- Launch the Ledger Wallet Ripple on your computer (not from Chrome)
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Ripple transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Ripple app on your device. Without the device, the app won’t launch.
For each sending transaction, your application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign by confirming everything is alright on the device.
In Ripple protocol, to create a new account you need to initialize it with a funding of at least 20 XRP. An account under 20 XRP is considered as not exiting. Thus, your balance must always be at minimum 20 XRP and you are not allowed to make transactions that would result in your balance going under this limit.
When an update is available your desktop application will display a message to download and install the last release.